From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 06:03:09 -0400
Folks,

Here's an interesting meditation on music and writing.  [Let's please keep
in mind the list posting guidelines.  We simply can't just forward things
from these website directly to the list - they are a horrible mess full
of ads and announcements.  If you want to post something like this, pelase
SENd it to yourself, prepare a normal MCML posting, and then send it to
the lsit.  I can't take the time to delete 100 lines of rap from these
forwardings, so in the future they will be dumped unless they conform to
list guidelines.  -Dave]

   Edmund White: Selecting Music for Writing

   WRITERS ON WRITING
   By EDMUND WHITE

   Music for me is a companion during the lonely hours of writing.  It
   is a friend who encourages me to trust that beauty can be achieved
   in this life, at least theoretically.

   http://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/18/arts/18WHIT.html?ex=994031389&ei=1&en=09957b1f0e9233fd

Ron Chaplin
Iselin, NJ, USA