From:
Thomas Boyce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:45:42 -0400
It's nice to know that I'm not alone.:) Well, the first Beethoven
string quartets that I ever heard were by the Vegh Quartet.  First Bartok,
the same.  First Beethoven piano sonatas, Kempff.  Know what? Still my
favorite, after all these years.  The friend who recommended these
performances deserves a round of applause.  Now, before I make a major
purchase, I "ask around" before shelling out money.  And I'll invariably
want at least two different performances of favorite works (Well-Tempered
Clavier, St.  Matthew Passion, etc., etc., etc.).

Tom Boyce