Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 13:32:33 EDT
Marsha Glass quoted from an article about babies on their backs:

<< "If you're lying on your tummy and you want to see the world, you have to
flip over,"  said Dr Ellen Perrin, a developmental and behavioral
pediatrician at Tufts University School of Medicine and the Floating Hospital
for Children at the New England Medical Center.  "If you're on your back,
there's no reason to flip onto
 your tummy." >>

OK, I'm not an OT.  But I thought humans had a neck-righting reflex that
prompted babies on their backs to struggle to flip to their bellies?
(anybody out there tried lately to diaper a one year old?)

Elisheva Urbas
would like to hear comment on this from those more expert than I