From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:42:38 -0500
Hello K & All,
> Unless it is your assertion that upon finding that male bees are
> mostly useless has led male researchers to quickly abandon any research
into  the subject, lest they have to publish such findings, which would
reflect
> badly on males the world over?

I liked the ring of this and can't wait to hear R's reply!

James wrote:
>"When the glycogen reserves which accumulate in the flight muscles are
>exhausted, the older foragers are unable to synthesize additional glycogen
>and they die".

In my opinion we have got Mark Winston *again* trying to rewrite the
beekeeping books without  proof.  There is as much evidence to support
Aaron's theory as Mark's.  Because the *wing* theory has stood the test of
time lets see Mark's proof.  Mark can't prove his theory because older
foragers are going to have tattered wings AND low levels of glycogen. In the
above statement Mark states his conclusions as fact. Dangerous ground even
if you are Mark Winston.  Stand your ground Aaron!
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri
Ps. Have looked at Mark's THEORY before.