From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 02:49:46 +0200
Juozas Rimas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Only very recently Warner fired all their personnel from Teldec in Germany
>(one of the truly great labels) and Erato in France.  This "death-toll"
>comes hard in heel after SONY's dismantling of its Continental Europe
>Hamburg head office.  Philips have fired basically all their producers for
>classical music, whereas Deutsche Grammophon has been sold and resold like
>an unwanted car.

Thats what to be awaited.  I can't see that there is any surprise to this
news.  The classical record market is a ballon that has been blown up too
big, and if the classical market not very quickly can find more listeners
(=CD buyers) it will decrease in size.

To the modernist fanatics, please allow me to quote the czech Jan Hus: "O
sancta simplicissimus"

Mats Norrman