From:
Thomas Boyce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:12:28 -0500
Thanks for all of the recommendations.  I really appreciate it.

However, after listening to Wagner overtures and excerpts played by Bohm,
Kubelik, Karajan, Klemperer, Szell, etc., I think no one mentioned one of
my favorites:  Eugene Ormandy.  His performances stack up well compared to
the gentlemen mentioned above, and sometimes he takes first place.  His
music sounds good throughout the entire piece, no poor spots, and of course
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the exquisite sound of the Philadelphia
Orchestra.

So, I think my fantasy Wagner-judging from the 5 CDs I bought
recently-would be Szell conducting the Philadelphia Orchestra.

Thanks,

T. Boyce