HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"David L. Browman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 08:23:54 -0500
Ron and Maureen

This practice is more global than Ron suggests.  For example, this
procedure has been practiced for at least 4,000 years in the Andes of
South America, and is till employed there today, so although the Spanish
came in 500 years ago, and although African slaves also were brought in,
so there is a possibility of some blending, basically the practice there
is Andean.  I would not be surprised if you found respondents talking
about it from around the world., in as mucha s we now have comments on
Europe, Africa, and South America....

dave browman