HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:46:39 -0500
No Dave, as a city boy I take my chances with most of the other folks and eat
vegetables sold at the local grocery store. We are only now coming to realize
the horrors of hormones, metals, chemical compounds, and the so-called
"Franken-Foods" (biogenetically altered plants) that have been fed to us over
the years. Some of those metals, for example, are cumulative in our systems.
I stopped eating red meat ten years ago for entirely different reasons, but
chicken and turkey is loaded with ghastly hormones. Veggies grown in natural
fields are really expensive out here.

Your news of wet trash is interesting, but out here the City contracted to
dump refuse first in canyons and then at sea. The city dumps are pretty well
known around here. The small town and ranch dumps are more to archaeologists
liking, some of which have been investigated over the past 30 years. But I
agree that we need to be more aware of the trash disposal programs of the
communities in which we research.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.