From:
Albie Cabrera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:28:32 -0700
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>NOW I understand.  RC simply reports a cultural fact.  We may praise or
>deplore the fact (both of which are a waste of time), if we like.

This I agree with...  As much as I would love to hear radio stations play
a LOT more Ravel or Poulenc, both of whom I feel are just as tunefully
"pushable" as anything by Mozart (which I would personally love to hear
a lot LESS of on the radio)...  radio stations just *don't*.

But if new CM radio listeners do hear something on the medium that they do
connect with, even if it is *just* the most standard of the standard rep,
at least they've gotten their foot in the door.

Albie