From:
Albie Cabrera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:47:32 -0700
Peggy Lucero <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We have great station locally 103.5 FM that I listen to on regular basis.

Hey Peggy, Just to make sure you know, the majority of the items on your
original list is stuff you won't hear on your local classical station...
cuz frankly, the majority of the classical audience...  which is small to
begin with...  don't care for the music that came after the big B's...  and
classical radio stations are tight enough as it is without alienating their
majority of listeners with radical new music.  (BTW, 103.5...  you in the
Wash, DC area?:-)...  and if what you hear on the radio is what you like...
at least at this stage in your experience-to-date...  the majority of the
items on could scare the hooha out of you when you hear 'em...  either that
or make you mad for paying $20 bucks for it.

(BTW:  The Stravinsky-Petroushka part of Pollini's 20th Century disc we all
recommended earlier is faaaaantastic, but play the segment of Webern by the
baby's crib, and you'll make the kid cry!  Then...  ironically...  a couple
years later, when the kid's old enough to reach up and bang on the piano,
you'll hear sounds strikingly familiar!:-P)

Albie