From:
"Paolo G. Cordone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 19:27:26 +0100
Donald Satz wrote:

>What do the Pachelbel enthusiasts recommend concerning the above recordings
>or any others that may be available?

Interesting that you would ask this question.  Just yesterday dug out
my only recording of Pachelbel's organ music.  However, this is on an LP
(still have 300 of them!).  His music was very fresh, is sometimes simple
enough.

The recording in question is on Harmonia Mundi (HM B 582) and is played
by Helmut Winter on the historic Johann-Georg Stein organ in the church
of Trebel-bei Luchow.  The disc contains only 6 pieces (it's an LP!),
including my favourite, the "Ciacona en fa mineur", a couple of partitas
and a ricercar.

Again, I am not sure whether this has been released on CD, but if so, it's
a very worthwhile recording.

Paolo