From:
Satoshi Akima <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 10:44:48 +1000
Zeev Schor writes:

>I would like to give, as an example, the 1952 recording of the Brahms'
>Quintet in B Minor for clarinet & strings, with Leopold Wlach and the
>Vienna Konzerthaus Quartet (on Westminster).  Wlach's beautiful playing
>of the Quintet, especially the Adagio, caused such an "imprinting" on our
>minds, that it has become almost impossible (especially for my wife) to
>enjoy other performances.  I have been searching for years for a re-issue
>of the Clarinet Quintet with Wlach on a CD (without any success).

As a matter of fact this has been re-issued by Universal Victor Japan.
It is not readily available elsewhere.  You can purchase this recording
via the HMV Japan website.  Here is the link:

   http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail.asp?sku=589933

If you have problems with language then scroll to the bottom of the page
and click on "English".  Otherwise look for a Union Jack sign to click on
to get the site in English.  You don't need to download Japanese scripts to
view the site at all, or read a word of Japanese.  I looked around on other
good sites in the US, UK, France and Germany without luck.  Millennium has
not released Wlach's recordings.  The cost of the CD alone is about 14 US$
but this may double if you include freight.  I noticed that the Mozart
Quintet, Brahms Clarinet Sonatas, and Horn Trio were also on offer - again
all re-releases of the Westminster label.  The transfers use a high grade
transfer technology called K2 processing.

Hope I have been of help.

Satoshi Akima
Sydney, Australia