From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 22:09:23 -0500
James Arnold:

>Friends, I am trying to locate a copy of "Bunch of Flowers" by B. Martinu.
>I would love to beg, borrow, purchase, steal etc a copy.  I do have "Epic
>of Gilgamesh" by Martinu to trade etc.  Please send to my email so as to
>not tie up list.  Thanks,

Well, I'm going to tie up the list, because it's a fantastic piece people
might like to know.  You can order it from www.musicabona.com (in the
Czech Republic) for something like $12, American.  Info from the site:

Fantaisies symphoniques [Symfonicke fantazie] (Symphony No. 6)
Bouquet of Flowers, A Cycle of Works to Folk Texts for Mixed and Children's
Choirs, Soloists and Small Orchestra
Libuse Domaninska, Sona Cervena, Lubomir Havlak, Ladislav Mraz
Kuhn Childern's Chorus
Czech Philharmonic Chorus and Orchestra, Karel Ancerl
Grand Prix du disque de L'Academie
Charles Cros (for Symphony No. 6)
1 CD  Supraphon

Steve Schwartz