From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 00:35:08 +0200
Satoshi Akima <[log in to unmask]> quotes "Die Welt":

>DIE WELT: In your opinion should Wagner be played?
>
>Sheffi: We complain that the Germans threw out very important
>Jewish cultural icons.  They burnt books and chased Jews out of the
>universities.  And now the Israelis come along and do something very
>similar.  We should not forget where such cultural boycotts could
>lead.

I think the Israelis boycott is as shameful, and even dangerous, as
the nazis boycott of Jewish work, and I loathe it.  [And please, don't
come and say to me now:  "The Jews boycott is understandable as they were
holocaused", because the boycott of the jewish culture in 1930-40ies could
be said to be understandable in the same terms!!!].  I welcome every report
of Wagner being played in Israel.

Wagner was not an antisemite (and neither was Hitler in the strict sence -
he was rather anti-jew), and a semite can safely listen to and love Wagners
music (and I would say a born jew can too).  My self I love Wagner and am
proud of belonging to the semite tribe of the berberians.

Mats Norrman