From:
Dick Claeys <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 14:21:06 -0700
Bear in mind that the Boston Symphony will release its own commemorative
boxed set of historic broadcast performances this Spring.  This package
was originally promised last Fall, to coincide with the Symphony Hall
anniversary, but, when I tried to order it for Christmas, I was told it
was being held up for several months over several technical and legal
(estate/licensing?) issues.  The promotions mention many spectacular
performances led by renowned guest conductors, but no names are mentioned
beyond Ozawa, Munch & Monteux; I wouldn't be surprised if a Tennstedt,
Bernstein, or Barbirolli excerpt turned up as well.  You might want to
wait to see what shows up in the final box of 10 CDs.

Dick Claeys