From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:18:25 -0800
Janos Gereben ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>No longer living on the right (meaning Left) coast, but rather in NYC, the
>formidable and revered Marni Nixon dropped out of sight, at least of mine,
>alas.

Best remembered, by me at any, for two things:  1 the fabulous Marni Nixon
sings Ives LP (when will this appear on CD) and 2 being the mother of
late-70s songsmith Andrew (Lonely Boy) Gold.

However, she also popped up on the recent NYPO Bernstein box singing
Boulez's Improvisation I sur Mallarme (Le vierge, la vivace et le belle
aujourd-hui - my spelling isn't what it was).

Interestingly she nails this one, but Lenny obviously doesn't have a
clue as to what the music is about.

Deryk Barker