From:
Wilson Pereira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 22:16:25 -0300
Matts Norman wrote:

>Now I invite others to tell about their best musical gifts they have got.

And Donald Satz replied:

>I infrequently receive musical gifts; my family members assume that I have
>everything already.  It's a bad assumption; they just don't realize how
>much recorded music is available.

That's my case.  I never got any CM disc from any member of my family.
But the other day a friend of mine, also a CM fan, gave me from his
own collection, a 3 CD set of Mussorgsky's Boris Godounov (Sony S3K
58977/Berlin PO/Claudio Abbado).  He had just bought Valery Gergiev's set
(Philips), and decided that one recording of this piece was enough for him.
It was an outstanding gift, not only because Abbado's interpretation, but
also because I still didn't have any recording of this masterpiece in my CM
collection!

Wilson Pereira