From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 14:35:46 -0500
Stirling Newberry wrote:

>Finally - a recent Ondine which has the rhythmic swaying of the sea and
>ever shifting dynamics that bring forth the "en pleine air" qualities of
>Ravel's tone painting.

Absolutely!  I have any number of recordings of this piece as it is one
of my top ten, and I must say that Ms.  Bradbury's reading is beautifully
"un-labored" in that she makes it sound so flowing and easy.  So often
I find that when people play this work, their main goal is to show off
how damned difficult it is to play.  How nice to hear a performance that
inspires such a mental atmosphere and "dreamscape" if you will.  Now how
about the rest of the piece? Huh? Please?!

Kevin Sutton