HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carl Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl Steen
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 16:33:05 -0500
Paul--

As Carole Nash pointed out, secondary sources  may be of some help in this matter. For instance:

Clark, Victor S.
1929    History of Manufactures in the United States, Volume 1, 1607-1860. 1949 ed. Pub. by Peter Smith, New York.

U.S. Bureau of the Census
1965 ed.        The Statistical History of the United States from Colonial Times to the Present. Fairfield Publishers, Inc.,
Washington, D.C.

Gray, Lewis C.
1933    History of Agriculture in the Southern United States to 1860. Peter Smith,  Reprints, New York.

South Carolina publishes a yearly statistical abstract, which may be mirrored in other states.

Check their bibliographies for obscure leads!

Good luck, Carl Steen