From:
Christopher Rosevear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:44:46 -0000
Tim Mahon:

>gave up playing the violin almost twenty years ago, after having studied
>for a good many years.  ...  I have decided to see if I can resurrect any
>of the talent I was blessed with earlier ...

Well done!  I did the same thing a couple of years ago with the oboe.  I
can heartily recommend going for broke:  do not play any of the pieces you
used to play:  start with something seemingly impossible and see what you
can manage of it.  How about the Sibelius? Just making that wonderful low
start sound fabulous will force you to listen to your sound; and if the
sound starts to get there, the notes will follow.  And a good technical
teacher helps ...

It is possible, I promise! (if VERY frightening at first!)

CR