From:
Al Dugan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 13:35:32 -0800
Yes indeed there was!  Coincidentally, I am reading Martin Goldsmith's book
"The Inextinguishable Symphony" the story of his parents during the 3rd
Reich and their involvement in the Judische Kulterbund or Jewish Culture
Association.  their last concert in 1941 was a performance of the Mahler
Second Symphony.  For anyone interested in this period of history, I do
recommend Martin Goldsmith's well written and documented book.

Alan Dugan