Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:04:00 -0500
From:
Ed Zubrow <[log in to unmask]>
Judy should *run* out and purchase a Renee Flemming album called Strauss
Heroines.  While not a complete Rosencavalier by any means, it does include
the magnificent trio from the last act with Susan Graham (and Barbara
Bonney) more than holding up her portion of the partnership.  This is one
of the most sumptuous vocal albums I heard in the past year.  It also
contains excerpts from Arabella and Capriccio.

I have a second Susan Graham album on Sony (746462730) of Berlioz songs
and arias.  I got it recently and haven't listened to it that closely yet.
I got it for Les Nuits D'ete which I love hearing in different versions.
So far I'd say Ms Graham is not my favorite though surprisingly to me,
I prefer her version to that of Leontyne Price, one of my very favorite
singers.  I first got interested in Les Nuits D'ete on a Regine Crispin
disc (Decca289460973) and that is still my favorite version.  The Graham
disc also contains excerpts from Berlioz operas.

Finally, I believe she has recently released a disc of Ned Rorem songs
which has been highly acclaimed, though I haven't heard it.

Ed