From:
Kirsten Blacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 08:13:03 +0800
This discussion reminds me of some of the current talk in Australia about
direct entry midwifery. Currently all midwives are RN's who have gone on to
be RMs. With the advent of the direct entry midwifery course in the next few
years,we will be graduating RMs who are not RNs. An area of concern is rural
areas where RMs are expected to be multiskilled and function as both. So in
this case the hospital needs them to have both qualifications
Kirsten Blacker
RN RM
Australia