HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kim McBride <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:32:59 -0800
Dear Paul and Ron-  This comes from dissertation research about 12 years
ago, so I am hazy on the details, but I recall that the 1900, 1910, and
1920 agricultural census manuscript schedules were destroyed.  I had looked
to use these for some research in Mississippi but had to stop with the 1880
schedule, and since this was due to an Act of Congress (the title was
something like Destruction of useless, or worthless, data in the census
bureau.... it made me want to weep, as the later schedules asked so many
more detailed questions) it likely affected materials from all states.
Sorry to send possibly bad news, but you might also verify this with the
National Archives if these data are crucial to your work. Kim McBride