From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:02:38 -0800
Tim Dickinson ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>... the Mahler 1 that is
sometimes labeled as conducted by "Petroschoff" and at others by "Nanut"
is awful.  The 6th, however, is quite fine though now almost impossible to
find.  Discussion on the Mahler List about Nanut's Mahler 4 - which I've
never heard or even seen for sale - indicates that it is also a highlight,
using a boy soprano and preferred by posters on that list to Bernstein's
similar effort.

I'm within minutes of concluding my first listen to Nanut's Mahler 7,
which I've enjoyed immensely. And yes, the 4 is very good.

Deryk Barker