From:
Albie Cabrera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:48:01 -0800
Something I've been wondering since I first heard the voice of Ian
Bostridge...  How about Bostridge singing the role of Peter Grimes??
Perhaps the next great Grimes in the tradition of Peter Pears (as opposed
to Jon Vickers)? Perhaps even greater?

(So I don't get misread, I am a fan of both the Vickers style, as well
as the Pears style...  as well as the Anthony Rolfe-Johnson...  as well
as the Landridge...  Heck, I guess I just like the opera a lot, period...
probably why I own all 4 versions...  but I wouldn't mind picking up a 5th
if Bostridge does it!)

Albie