From:
Eric Schissel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:08:51 -0400
No- the Lyrische Symphonie is a separate piece, not the 3rd symphony that's
being discussed, which if it exists at all has never been recorded or else
is just another name for die Seejungfrau- opinions differ.

I believe there's some discussion of this in the notes to the Marco Polo
recording of the three movements that were known at the time of the fine d
minor first symphony.  Though the conjecture that the 3rd is actually die
Seejungfrau, I picked up somewhere else- Groves' perhaps (not sure which
one?)?

I do wish Beaumont were on this list...  for I am .quite.  sure he has done
research into the matter...

Eric Schissel
http://www.lightlink.com/schissel