From:
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 19:01:12 -0400
Robert Peters  writes, in part:

>The poor guy cannot think of another girl, another love, another chance
>to be happy.  It is all or nothing.  Strange, indeed.  Very German...

Goodness, do you have to be German to feel that way? Well, I've got some
German ancestry and I have felt that way, admittedly when I was a tad
younger.  I would have thought that anyone who has ever been in intense,
unrequited love would understand where the hapless fellow in Winterreisen
is coming from, if not necessarily where he's going.

Richard, who invites you to visit his music, outdoors and other Web sites at
http://www.magi.com/~richard/