From:
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 18:46:20 -0400
Walter Meyer wrote:

>Going through the Berkshire catalogue, I stumbled upon a Decca CD of
>Gershwin's "*Rhapsody in Blue* (arranged for two pianos and orchestra by
>the Labeques)" and some other works by him.  ...
>
>Does anyone know whether the piano part in this performance had been
>augmented to the point where one pianist wouldn't have been able to play
>it or was the single piano part simply divided among the two sisters?

Jose Iturbi and his sister recorded a 2pf-orch version of the piece.
I don't remember it well enough to know how it compared to the standard
version (I was about 12 when I bought it), but I remember my teacher
telling me that there was more in there than a single pianist could
possibly manage.

Richard, who invites you to visit his music, outdoors and other Web sites at
http://www.magi.com/~richard/