From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 23:03:58 -0600
William Hong wrote:

>Satz, Sutton, Hong and Company are all bent out of shape because of their
>love of unHIP Stoki transcriptions.  C'mon guys let ur hair down!  Stoki
>was the 20th century inventor of 'crossover' thereby introducing countless
>numbers of fans to Bach and classical music including me.

Huh? I am not bent at all.  I realize that there are fans and non fans of
Stokie.  I find him to be one of the giants of 20th century music making,
and am grateful for his contributions to the re-popularization of the music
of ole JSB.  I am even more grateful for his "symphonic syntheses of Wagner
et al.  What marvelous music!  I don't fault Don for not liking the Bach
arrangements...it's a matter of taste, that's all!

Kevin Sutton