Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 07:51:16 EDT
In the letters to the editor in a magazine called Family Money, there was a
response to an article about "And Baby Makes Three" (on how to stretch money
after a baby is born).  I didn't read the original article, but apparently it
suggested giving up restaurant meals in order to cover the cost of infant
formula.  Two letters said, in part....

"...Hold it!  Breastfeeding is free.  And the health benefits for mother and
child are significant.  Healthier babies mean lower doctor bills, which frees
up cash for other things -- like restaurant meals."

the other one said...

"...my advice is to combine the $1,000 saved by dropping collision on their
car insurance with the $1,000 they would save by breastfeeding and get an
IRA!"

Allies in an unexpected place.

Jan in Wheaton