From:
Cheryl Parrott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 09:57:35 EDT
I have been working for 9 months now with a couple who started out with the
same complaints.  Moms supply was low and needed to supplement.  Eventually
we fixed supply, but child eaked along in wt gain as we tried every cup,
syringe, finger, bottle nipple I could imagine.  As time went on, I learned
it was mom who truly was the problem.  Very negative feedback to baby any
time she started to refuse a new thing,  she would only tolerate a minute or
two of fussing before declaring defeat.  Sadly when mom got pregnant at about
8 mo of age for infant she had to wean completely.  Her thyroid, the
pregnancy caused a definate disappearance of milk.  Surprisingly, when dad
offered bottle or nothing, she took it just fine.....Now they are working
with ST to get her to take solids, she is taking around 40oz formula daily at
11months...same story,  "any time I put food in her mouth she gags".   Ahhhhh!

Most children this age will eat from almost anything if truly hungry.
Sometimes we have to remember who is the parent,yet I know keep the bfdg
relationship intact.

Cheryl Parrott RN, BSN
Kokomo,IN
thinking about a doula for my vbac  in december!!