Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 00:23:42 EST
In a message dated 11/12/0 4:44:15 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< There is something called EPSDT form.

Wonder  if we could get a line added to  that?  It tracks immunizations,

labs and other info on medicaid babies at regular intervals in first 2

years.  >>

Pat,
Tracking just Medicaid babies would be a rather skewed sampling, if that is
what you are thinking. Besides the obvious socio-economic issue is the fact
that these kids have parents who have quick and easy access to AIM through
WIC and they have the least likelihood of having access to any kind of
holistic care, including midwifery care in birth, and naturopathic or
homeopathic care in childhood. If we really want to understand who bf's and
for how long, we need a broader cross-section of the population. Tracking
through any mainstream medical form would miss a large number of people who
bf normally, as we often choose holistic practices in health care that keep
us out of mainstream offices. In reality the Medicaid form is already both
controversial and an invasion of privacy, IMO. While I would love to get a
clearer picture of bf trends, I would not want to see any tracking method
tied to tracking of other health care choices about which I personally would
not choose to give information.
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA