From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:24:02 GMT
Marina Werbeloff writes of the new Ingrid Matthews recording:

>It's a mid-price two-disc set.  Perhaps because of bad timing -- right
>after Rachel Podger's recordings, which got much more publicity -- this
>set hasn't received as much attention as it deserves, although it did
>get an absolutely glowing review in, astonishingly, the American Record
>Guide.
>
>But, going back to the subject of the sonatas and partitas, I find hers
>absolutely spellbinding.

I thank Marina for the strong recommendation.  As it happens, I read the
review in ARG early this morning.  Marina's opinion makes this Centaur set a
must-buy for me.

CDNOW has the set listed at $29.99 plus shipping.  That's not quite
mid-priced, so perhaps it's available elsewhere at less cost.

And yes, Don Vroon has another diatribe against PPP (Period Performance
Practice), about five pages of hostility with numbered responses to the
evils of PPP.  The man never gives up.  He seems to think that the goal of
PPP is to ruin his life.

Don Satz