Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:53:02 -0700
I don't think a reviewer could write "false" reviews very long and be
successful.  Every reviewer is biased.  But all reviewers believe what
they write.  Only by focusing on certain recording companies, or excluding
certain CD's can there be a compromise, it seems to me.

I am sure some writers emphasize an occasional work to support a favorite
performer or composer.  And all writers are more likely to review the CD's
they get free, just as radio stations play what they get free.

There are many people on this list who have an amazing knack of discussing
works just before I learn they have been published or released, but I think
their opinions are mostly sincere and worthwhile.

Ray Bayles