From:
Sam Kemp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:52:27 -0000
I suppose it's a bit late to respond to the list now, but I only just read
the posts on this matter.  I have in my possession an old LP on DG of seven
Weber Overtures with the Bavarion Radio Symphony Orchestra under Rafael
Kubelik.  I have no idea whether this has been transferred to CD though.

John Dalmas asked:

>Could it have been the old Prussian "Heil dir im Siegerkranz"?

According to the sleeve of said LP....

   "...the themes...are cleverly interwoven to emerge as the splendidly
   intoned "Heil dir im Seigerkranz" - "Hail to thee the Victor's Laurels"
   which Weber originally -wrote- for his cantata "Battle and Victory"
   in 1815 and put to new use here."

Not-so-old Prussian then?!

Sam Kemp