From:
Bob Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:27:16 -0500
Just heard on a Dallas, Texas radio station that africanized bees were
found in University Park, an affluent small city centrally located within
and totally surrounded by the city of Dallas. There are no open areas,
other than city parks, that I know of, and the city is primarily made up
very exclusive, older high end neighborhoods. At any rate, Dallas County is
now under bee quarantine. I am located 90 miles east and crossing my
fingers. I have varroa somewhat under control but I really don't want to
deal with africanized bees; IMHO this will drive more people from
beekeeping than varroa.
Bob Young
Lindale,TX