HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kris Hirst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:15:17 -0400
Hi guys again:

Thanks for all your good replies; I now recognize I have tons more
questions to ask, none of which have very good answers.

Let's assume there *are* remains left (after the wealth of response
it seems likely). Do the cemetery-protection laws apply to
cemeteries that have been removed? Who do you notify--SHPO,
vital statistics, the state archaeologist, next of kin even, if you can
find them? What do you do with remains when you're done? How
much analysis do you do?

And do all of these things vary with the condition of the graves?
(that is pretty clear, I guess)

kris
K. Kris Hirst
Louis Berger Group