From:
David Runnion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 02:12:54 +0200
Living in Spain, I know a little of Turina's music, and like it very much
indeed.  He was a later member of the Spanish "Nationalist School" founded
by Granados and Albinez.  His music is very impressionistic in color with
a very distinct Spanish flavor.  Listen to Circulos...  for piano trio,
it's like a vacation to La Mancha.  (Though we play it, this work is *not*
on our website; for once this isn't a shameless plug!:-)

Speaking of Turina's trios, something to look forward to is a recording
being made right now by Spain's Arbos Trio of all of Turina's piano-trio
music.  The disc will include a work that was only performed once, shortly
before the composer's death, that the family has up to now refused to
release.  The Arbos' recording will be the first of this unknown work.

David Runnion
http://mp3.com/serafinotrio
http://www.serafinotrio.com