From:
Danny Tan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:10:48 +0800
I am not at all surprised no one mentioned Beethoven's Symphony No.5,
transition of the 3rd movement to the fourth.  Too common, I guess.
But it is a "true class" magic moment of Music, never fail to raise my
goosepimples.  Others:-

- the horn calls in Brahm's 1st symphony (already mentioned by someone...)
- clarinet passage  in third movment of Sibelius 2nd symphony
- 4th movement of Buttefly Lover violin concerto
- Opening passages of Beethoven's Emperor concerto
- first few piano notes of Grieg's piano conceto in the 2nd movement.

etc.etc..  It is more difficult to get "magic moments" as one progress
deeper into CM.  However, I am lucky in the sense that I have not heard
The Ring yet.

danny