Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 20:04:08 -0700
From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Steve Schwartz ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Deryk Barker:
>
>>Has anyone suggested Harold Truscott?
>
>I've known Truscott's writings for years and this is the first I've heard
>that he also wrote music.  Any recommendations?

I only know of two CDs, both on Marco Polo:  one of chamber music one of
orcehstral.  Both are superb, the chamber music is arguably even finer
than the orchestral.

Apparently there was an LP recording of 8 of his 22 piano sonatas but
this hasn't surfaced on CD.

The Violin Sonata BTW (think I have the right work) is a tour-de-force:
9 minutes for solo violin and IIRC only a single double-stop in the entire
work.

Deryk Barker