Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 09:55:31 +1000
From:
Alan Dudley <[log in to unmask]>
 From time to time on this list posters make remarks like "if you care
about sound quality you might not enjoy this record", or "the performance
is wonderful but the sound was too poor to enjoy it".  For some people,
poor reproduction of sound can get in the way of enjoyment of music.

For me, it takes very poor sound to reduce my enjoyment of the music.

To-day however, another problem croppedup.  I was listening to a record
of Anner Bylsma playing the Bach suites on the Stradivarius "Servais"
cello.  After about ten minutes I realised that I had not been listening
to Bach, I had not even been listening to Bylsma; I had been listening to
that wonderful cello and the way it was reproduced by my system (nothing
very special BTW).  The sound quality was distracting me from the music,
not because it was not good enough, but because it was too good.

I wondered if anyone else had ever had this happen.

Alan Dudley