Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 05:08:17 -0700
From:
David Harbin <[log in to unmask]>
I read that the wonderful singer Flelicity Lott has at last recoreded
Cappricio.  Dopes anyone know who the conductor/orchestra/other
singers/record company are? I know that she is recording for Decca but
it would be surprising for them to re-record the opera so soon after the
Te Kanawa version.

My favourite Cappricio is the Janovitz/Bohm/BRSO on DG.  IMHO Schwartzkopf
sounds far too calculating and wordy on the rival Swallish EMI set.

Recordings of Flecity Lott I enjoy are her Strauss lieder on Chandos
(despite some rough support), the Vaughn Williams Sea Symphony (terrific
conducting by Haitink)and Schuman lieder with Graham Johnson accompanying
(Carlton Classics).

Regards,

David H.
Nottingham, UK