Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 01:48:17 -0500
From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Robert Peters wrote:

>What are some of your magic moments of music? I am very interested in
>hearing from you.

1.  Toward the middle of Charles V. Stanford's motet Beati Quorum via
there is a modulation which involves the basses singing the most marvellous
f-flat in all of western music!

2.  John Wilbye's "Draw on Sweet Night" has another fabulous bass line at
about midpoint in the work.

3.  When all the brass enters for the transfiguration theme in the Strauss
tone poem "Tod und Verklaerung."

Just to name the ones off the top of my head.

Kevin Sutton