From:
Kirsten Blacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 16:30:41 +0800
I too, have had cholesterol screening in my early 20's after my mother died
of coronary artery disease, premenopausal, at 49, with associated
hypercholesterolaemia. My cholesterol turned out to be normal, (4.2) my
sister's sky high.
I also had my cholesterol measured in pregnancy as part of a study on
preeclampsia,and then at 6months postpartum. It was slightly elevated at 5.4
(not sure what this equates to in US terms) - now I am wondering if BF had
some influence. I'd be very interested to hear anyone's thoughts or any
studies that have been done.  I was considering having it checked again
around now, but as I am still nursing my 16mo - maybe I will reconsider

Kirsten Blacker
RN RM
Australia