From:
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 22:06:34 -0700
Wes on the San Francisco Symphony:

>(tickets are too expensive for me to go more than a few times a year).

I just went with my friend Tom Davey to see the SF perform Copland's Third,
Villa-Lobos' Bachianas #4, Ravel's Tzigane, and Dvorak's Romance.  Pretty
diverse programming.  We sat in the rear terrace, for the whopping sum of
$15.  (You have to stand in line for a short time and be among the first
40 people to get tickets, but it's a great way to meet like-minded friends,
catch up on reading, and we bring CD's along w/ a portable player and two
sets of headphones to pass the time.  Plus, sitting above and behind the
orchestra is a great way to learn a little about orchestration.  Next week
is the Mahler 7th--the only one that still speaks to me....

Get some dudes together and go Wes!

John Smyth