From:
Michael Cervin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:39:30 +0200
William Hong wrote:

>Also, inside the booklet of Brueggen's Paris symphonies is mention
>of a volume of "Sturm und Drang" symphonies.  I don't know WHICH S&D
>symphonies--my searching so far among US-based record retailers hasn't
>revealed any more information, however, so maybe it's not available as yet.
>This set is performed with the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, the
>same one that Kuijken used for his Paris Symphonies.

26, 35, 38, 39, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 58, 59, 65.
Philips 462 117-2.

>The lack of a keyboard continuo in Hogwood's performances seems to be
>controversial.

Indeed.  I don't much like the idea, but have collected the series anyhow
out of admiration for Hogwood, who makes the very best of a not-to-good
idea.  It is really sad that Universal have discontinued the cycle.

Regards,
Michael