From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 18:01:25 -0700
Hi Lactnuts...As I was packing for ILCA I was listening to a Public Radio
show called Satellite Sisters...boy oh boy was I frustrated by their
interview with a mom that they are following through her new mothering
experiences.  First, one of the interviewers said that her baby "just gave
up nursing at 6 months and how she tried to shove her breast at this poor
baby."  Then she went on to say how she must have traumatized her 2.5 year
old by walking around the house, pumping just so that the baby could have
breast milk.  She ultimately decided "it was ridiculous to do that and just
gave in to formula and bottles."  The interviewee also said that she "wished
someone had told her that nursing bras don't come in black 36 F cup" (wrong,
they do).  Needless to say, I had to stop packing, phone in and rant a bit.
I just left a message, but all I kept thinking was that there were pregnant
moms listening to this show and thinking how horrible breastfeeding must be.
--Such is life--my dh can't understand why I stood in front of the radio and
took off my shirt to "show" them my black Bravado nursing bra!
Warmly,
Chris
-- Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC    [log in to unmask]