From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:36:00 +1000
A friend once played me what sounded like several Dvorak Slavonic Dances
but were some of the less well-known Hungarian Dances by Brahms, of which
Dvorak orchestrated half a dozen or so.  I later bought the Naxos CD of
all 21 Brahms dances but found that the CD finished at Track 20, despite
the fact that the booklet listed 21.  The 2nd and 3rd dances are on Track
2, so Track 3 contains the 4th dance, Track 4 the 5th and so on.  Brahms
orchestrated only three of the dances, a piece of information you can file
under "Things I Didn't Particularly Want to Know".

Richard Pennycuick