From:
Jeremey McMillan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:03:56 EDT
I need to ask this question to see if anyone can relate to me because I
know I'm not the only one who does this:

I love to watch "Bugs Bunny" and other Warner Brother's cartoons.  But
get this: I don't watch the cartoons for the viewing part.  I love to
listen to the background music!  Sometimes I may watch the whole cartoon
but when it's over, I couldn't even tell you what the cartoon was about!
But ask me about the background music and I can sing the whole thing!
I even do rythmic dictation while I'm listening to the background music.
Rythmic dictation is a habit I have.  Everytime I hear music I will
automatic dictate the rythym.  I can tell you what the time signature is
and everything!  This habit can get pretty annoying, though.  (It comes
in pretty handy in theory class, though!)

I believe the reason I love listening to the background is because
they play a lot of excerpts from music that I know or music that sounds
familiar.  For example, on one Bugs Bunny cartoon, they played excerpts
from the opera buffa, "The Marriage of Figaro".  In another cartoon, they
play excerpts from "Don Giovanni".

Some of the music is just really fun to listen to.  I stare at the TV
screen in a daze but my ears are wide open.  I get really excited about
the music at times.  I love to hear the xylophones play as the characters
are running.  I love to hear those harsh diminish chords when the closet
monster comes out or a ghost comes into the scene.  Hell, I even love the
Disney theme song "When You Wish Upon a Star"!  The background music is so
beautiful!

Is there anyone on this list that loves to listen to the background music,
also? Please reply!

Jeremey